Java Source Code Formatter
The JavaFormatter tool reorganizes Java source text files to neatly indent code blocks according to their nesting level. It is a member of SD's family of Source Code Formatters. An example of the JavaFormatter's results can be seen here.
Java Formatter Features
- Formatted code compiles and executes exactly like unformatted code
- Handles Java 1.1-1.6 and Java version 7
- Specification of indentation step distance
- Specification of arbitrary input tab column positions
- Several styles of block ("curlybrace") indentation, including Sun standard
- Option to list separate logical conditions (&&,||) on separate lines
- A version with obfuscation capability can scramble the code to make it difficult to reverse-engineer.
- Can process batches of files, specified either manually or through a Java-based file-selector GUI.
- Output encoding in ASCII, European ASCII, or UNICODE (UTF-8 or UTF-16)
The Java Source Browser not only formats Java for web pages, but is fully integrated with JavaDoc to provide a hyperlinked cross reference for every identifier, leading to full JavaDoc information, its source definition point and complete list of refences to the identifier.