PHP Profiler Tool
The PHP Profiler tool enables the collection and display of execution profile data on PHP software source code bases of arbitrary size. It is a member of SD's family of Profiler tools.
PHP Profiler Features
- Provides execution counts on basic blocks, or timing profiles on methods
- PHP4 and PHP5 versions
- No special configuration of PHP server required, nor XDebug (works with HipHop!)
- Works with arbitrary subsets of source code base
- Can accumulate data from multiple test runs
tens of thousandsof files
- Extremely low probe overhead
- Produces profile report by file and directory. The same report is available as XML to enable custom report generation.
- The probe installer component runs on Windows
- Profile data display can run on any platform with a full JVM
The PHP Profiler tool has an intuitively simple display. It shows
- Available Profile Data (PFD) result files
- Selected/accumulated/computed PFD files
- List of files for which profile data is being collected
- Locations of probe points in files
- Browsable source text of file of current interest
- Execution counts and relative execution frequency of each probe point on file source text
- Color- and size- coded (hot is red and wide, cold is blue) overlay of frequency data on source code
- Summary statistics for subsystems
Here's a full-size screenshot (in a popup window) of the PHP Profiler display. If you have popups disabled, try this link: full size screen shot.
Semantic Designs also offers PHP Test Coverage tools.